Mix fun, great hair and business prowess and you’ve got blowout boss Alli Webb the founder of Drybar on episode #18 of Alternative Styles podcast.
Blowout Boss Alli Webb on the Rise of Drybar, Plus Dating Disasters
Drybar founder Alli Webb talks about building the business that started as a mobile blowout service for friends and has grown into 106 shops employing 3000+ stylists! The evolution of the product line, stretching beyond a family business and her new podcast Raising the Bar with Alli & Michael.
Plus: Jesse Brune and Alison Deyette sharing dating horror stories from hilarious tweets that sum up how bad it can be in 280 characters. Some of the disasters included:
He showed up an hour late, drove thru McDonalds (“You want anything”) then parked at a zoo and said, “I’ve got a condom.” #worstfirstdate
Date: So are you one of those crazy girls who look up the criminal record of your date? Me: no Date: Good #worstfirstdate
Alison has some date night alternatives to dinner and a movie like a burlesque show to roller skating or the chance to be an audience member of a game show. And they pay tribute to the Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin and talk about a reading by the Psychic Sisters in LA.
LISTEN on Google Play, too
How to Subscribe in iTunes & Apple Podcasts:
- Open the purple “Podcast” app on your phone! If you have an iPhone, it should already be loaded on your phone. If you aren’t an iPhone person, you can find us other ways by clicking a link above.
- Once that purple app is opened, hit the magnifying glass “Search” icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Type in “Alternative Styles” and you should see the photo of Jesse and me.
- Once you click on our show, it will load and you’ll see a purple button that says “SUBSCRIBE” below our name! Click that! You’ll be all set and see a “subscribed” and a big check mark on your screen!
- Thank you for listening! If you’re feeling even more generous, scroll down to ratings and reviews and consider giving us a 5-star rating and submit a positive review. It so quick to do. It’s the most helpful thing listeners can do to support shows and help us get support on podcast platforms. This helps our show tremendously and we read your reviews every single day and on the show! And we may give you a shout out on the show. We share a review every week.