It’s a fun house party with comedian Laura House as our guest on episode #26 of Alternative Styles podcast. Get ready for some laughs.
Party with Comedian Laura House on Alternative Styles
Today’s episode is chock full of notable women and we start with comedian, meditation teacher, and storyteller Laura House. She shares her incredibly funny journey from a small town in Texas to the stages across the country she’s graced and her unexpected path to meditative bliss. She talks about writing on TV shows like Mom, George Lopez, and Samantha Who plus the process behind her comedic content. Laura also shares how a 23 and Me DNA kit leads to finding her biological mom and half-siblings. Buckle your seatbelts because this is going to be an emotional ride.
Plus: Alison shares the politically charged song “A Scary Time” by Lynzy Lab that’s gone viral with over 40 million views. And, there’s a new app changing men on money into women! Well, virtually. But it’s time to aim for it and it’s full of inspiring information.
LISTEN on Google Play, too
How to Subscribe in iTunes & Apple Podcasts:
- Open the purple “Podcast” app on your phone! If you have an iPhone, it should already be loaded on your phone. If you aren’t an iPhone person, you can find us other ways by clicking a link above.
- Once that purple app is opened, hit the magnifying glass “Search” icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Type in “Alternative Styles” and you should see the photo of Jesse and me.
- Once you click on our show, it will load and you’ll see a purple button that says “SUBSCRIBE” below our name! Click that! You’ll be all set and see a “subscribed” and a big check mark on your screen!
- Thank you for listening! If you’re feeling even more generous, scroll down to ratings and reviews and consider giving us a 5-star rating and submit a positive review. It’s so quick to do. And it’s the most helpful thing listeners can do to support shows and help us get support on podcast platforms. This helps our show tremendously and we read your reviews every single day and on the show! And we may give you a shout out on the show. We share a review every week.
Let’s be friends! Follow me on social media: @alisondeyette
You can tune into more happening with Jesse and Alison on their lifestyle blog, learn more about Alison Deyette, and listen to their Alternative Styles podcast on Apple podcasts or wherever you consume podcasts featuring interviews with fascinating women and good news.
Style Expert Alison Deyette is a TV + digital host and Los Angeles stylist who was recently named one of the top stylists in Los Angeles by Variety, WWD, Angeleno, and Modern Luxury magazines. As a stylist and fashion director, Alison has styled and directed photo shoots all over the world with models, celebrities and real women for a variety of magazines, including Mode, Good Housekeeping, People Style Watch, Woman’s Day, Ocean Drive, Real Beauty, and Fitness. And she’s styled Oprah’s Weight Watchers commercials. She appears regularly on Good Morning America, TODAY, Access Hollywood, Access Hollywood Live, Wendy Williams, The Real, and The View and is the Style Expert for KTLA’s Morning News. She’s conducted countless celebrity interviews including Ryan Gosling, Jessica Chastain, Scarlett Johansson and Salma Hayek for TV and in print. Plus, she recently styled Oprah’s Weight Watchers commercials. And she’s hosted several web series that collectively have more than 100 million views.
When teamed up with her bestie Jesse Brune, they share fun tips from fashion to food to DIY and décor in their Super Easy videos on their Super Easy YouTube channel.