We’ve got Millenial Mamas Erin Ziering on Alternative Styles podcast this week and she shares her modern take on parenting. She’s a fan of meditation for the kids, wine for her and sleepovers for kids and adults.
Today we’re taking a modern look at an age-old task, parenthood! We have businesswoman, mother and friend Erin Ziering joining us to talk about the blog she co-founded with her business partner Veena Crownholm, The Millennial Mamas, and their goal to create a judgement-free platform where working and stay at home moms can connect and empower each other. She shares her experiences of sleepless nights, mama drama and managing it all from the home to the workplace.
Plus, we have author and father Mark Loewen on to discuss his book “What Does A Princess Really Look Like?” and his organization Brave Like A Girl which celebrates girls who naturally tap into their courage and strength to overcome challenges. Mark shares multiple examples of how his daughter opened his eyes to the challenges many girls and women face today.
And Alison shares her wild adventures in New York City with drag queens, cabaret and illusions and Jesse shares a bit about his latest obsession, The Great British Baking Show!
LISTEN on Google Play, too
How to Subscribe in iTunes & Apple Podcasts:
- Open the purple “Podcast” app on your phone! If you have an iPhone, it should already be loaded on your phone. If you aren’t an iPhone person, you can find us other ways by clicking a link above.
- Once that purple app is opened, hit the magnifying glass “Search” icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Type in “Alternative Styles” and you should see the photo of Jesse and me.
- Once you click on our show, it will load and you’ll see a purple button that says “SUBSCRIBE” below our name! Click that! You’ll be all set and see a “subscribed” and a big check mark on your screen!
- Thank you for listening! If you’re feeling even more generous, scroll down to ratings and reviews and consider giving us a 5-star rating and submit a positive review. It’s so quick to do. And it’s the most helpful thing listeners can do to support shows and help us get support on podcast platforms. This helps our show tremendously and we read your reviews every single day and on the show! And we may give you a shout out on the show. We share a review every week.
Let’s be friends! Follow me on social media: @alisondeyette
Style Expert Alison Deyette is a TV + digital host and Los Angeles stylist who was recently named one of the top stylists in Los Angeles by Variety, WWD, Angeleno, and Modern Luxury magazines. As a stylist and fashion director, Alison has styled and directed photo shoots all over the world with models, celebrities and real women for a variety of magazines, including Mode, Good Housekeeping, People Style Watch, Woman’s Day, Ocean Drive, Real Beauty, and Fitness. And she’s styled Oprah’s Weight Watchers commercials. She appears regularly on Good Morning America, TODAY, Access Hollywood, Access Hollywood Live, Wendy Williams, The Real, and The View and is the Style Expert for KTLA’s Morning News. She’s conducted countless celebrity interviews including Ryan Gosling, Jessica Chastain, Scarlett Johansson and Salma Hayek for TV and in print. Plus, she recently styled Oprah’s Weight Watchers commercials. And she’s hosted several web series that collectively have more than 100 million views.
When teamed up with her bestie Jesse Brune, they share fun tips from fashion to food to DIY and décor in their Super Easy videos on their Super Easy YouTube channel. You can tune into more happening with Jesse and Alison on their lifestyle blog and listen to their Alternative Styles podcast on Apple podcasts or wherever you consume podcasts featuring interviews with fascinating women and good news.