Geeking out with Westworld writer Carly Wray! We knew Carly’s work long before we met her and were so excited to have her as our special guest on episode #17 of Alternative Styles podcast.
Geeking out with Westworld writer Carly Wray!
What do hit shows Westworld, The Leftovers, Mindhunters, and Mad Men all have in common? Badass wonder-woman: writer Carly Wray! She stopped by to discuss the twists and turns she’s experienced in Hollywood writer’s rooms and shares some of her ah-mazing upcoming projects–including her first ever feature film with Margot Robbie. Plus, a pilot she’s writing for an anthology series for HBO. Remember that viral cat person dating story from The New Yorker last year? She’s taking it to TV.
Plus: how a $20 act-of-kindness from a homeless man turned into a $400,000 dream-come-true in this week’s Get The Goods segment. Would you go the extra mile for a stranger? Alison Deyette and Jesse Brune discuss the good and the bad.
LISTEN on Google Play, too
How to Subscribe in iTunes & Apple Podcasts:
- Open the purple “Podcast” app on your phone! If you have an iPhone, it should already be loaded on your phone. If you aren’t an iPhone person, you can find us other ways by clicking a link above.
- Once that purple app is opened, hit the magnifying glass “Search” icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Type in “Alternative Styles” and you should see the photo of Jesse and me.
- Once you click on our show, it will load and you’ll see a purple button that says “SUBSCRIBE” below our name! Click that! You’ll be all set and see a “subscribed” and a big check mark on your screen!
- Thank you for listening! If you’re feeling even more generous, scroll down to ratings and reviews and consider giving us a 5-star rating and submit a positive review. It so quick to do. It’s the most helpful thing listeners can do to support shows and help us get support on podcast platforms. This helps our show tremendously and we read your reviews every single day and on the show! And we may give you a shout out on the show. We share a review every week.
Let’s be friends! Follow me on social media: @alisondeyette
You can tune into more happening with Jesse and Alison on their lifestyle blog, learn more about Alison Deyette, and listen to their Alternative Styles podcast on Apple podcasts or wherever you consume podcasts featuring interviews with fascinating women and good news.
When teamed up with her bestie Jesse Brune, they share fun tips from fashion to food to DIY and décor in their Super Easy videos on their Super Easy YouTube channel.