Looking to go green? We’ve got the best tips and help with easy zero waste living advice from Trash Is For Tossers, Lauren Singer on episode 25 of Alternative Styles podcast with Alison Deyette and Jesse Brune-Horan.
Easy Zero Waste Living Advice From Lauren Singer
Think you’re environmentally conscious? Well, that’s just trash talk. Lauren Singer of Trash Is For Tossers and Package Free shares her tips to living a Zero Waste Lifestyle. From reusable shopping bags to bamboo toothbrushes, it’s easier than you think to zero waste living, and it’s healthier too. Lauren explains how the choice to go Zero Waste allowed her to rethink the way she lives and to find empowerment through personal choice. She’s not expecting everyone to make drastic changes, but she does offer simple ways to make a few “green” modifications in your life that don’t cost any money. Plus, we talk about some brands like Eileen Fisher that create stylish pieces and then reuse and recycle their collections into new designs. Lauren has a way to recycle old clothes including your ratty old underwear, breaks down composting on her site and an easy four-ingredient zero waste dog treat recipe.
Plus: We hear a good news story about Jocelyn Bell Burnell who has been awarded the Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics fifty years after her discovery of pulsars. About time! She received three million dollars and she’s got plans to help women with that dough. And, we do a rapid fire round with superfan Kayla.
LISTEN on Google Play, too
How to Subscribe in iTunes & Apple Podcasts:
- Open the purple “Podcast” app on your phone! If you have an iPhone, it should already be loaded on your phone. If you aren’t an iPhone person, you can find us other ways by clicking a link above.
- Once that purple app is opened, hit the magnifying glass “Search” icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen.
- Type in “Alternative Styles” and you should see the photo of Jesse and me.
- Once you click on our show, it will load and you’ll see a purple button that says “SUBSCRIBE” below our name! Click that! You’ll be all set and see a “subscribed” and a big check mark on your screen!
- Thank you for listening! If you’re feeling even more generous, scroll down to ratings and reviews and consider giving us a 5-star rating and submit a positive review. It’s so quick to do. And it’s the most helpful thing listeners can do to support shows and help us get support on podcast platforms. This helps our show tremendously and we read your reviews every single day and on the show! And we may give you a shout out on the show. We share a review every week.